Mountain Hiking in North Norway
Facts of the trip:
Price: 1990€/person when 2-4 participants, 1890/person € 5-8 participants, 1830€ for 9-12 persons.
(Price for private guiding 3185€)
Location: Lyngen, Svensby, Norway
Date: 14.-20.8. 2019 Another dates for groups with request.
Accommodation: At the Farm on the fjord shore, in cozy lodges/apartments. Double rooms with all the necessary kitchen and other equipment.
Duration of the tour: 7 days, 6 nights. Approximately 6 – 8 hours activities/day, except arrival and departure days.
Number of participants: Min 2, max. 12 people.
Level: Moderate. Participants are required to have a basic fitness level. Previous experience of outdoor activities is desirable. Maximum walking distance is ca. 12 km in varied terrain in mountain conditions. Altitudes during the treks are between 100 – 1200m. Every participant have to be able to carry own snacks and 5 kg personal equipment in a partly challenging terrain and climate conditions for at least six hours / day.
Meals: All inclusive tour. Breakfast, picnic soup lunch with sandwiches and dinner will be served every active day. Dinner at arrival day and breakfast at departure day. Snacks does not include in the price.
The price includes: Guidance, accommodation, transport from Troms airport to accommodation place and back, customer transports between activities and accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
The price does not include airline tickets and insurance.
Insurance: The participants are responsible for their own sufficiently comprehensive insurance for activities in mountain area.
Equipment: Participants have their own outdoor equipment, suitable shoes and clothing due to the weather conditions and activities at the arctic sea and mountain area. Ask for the whole packing list.
By an additional cost: Outdoor clothing for rent.
Languages: Finnish, English, Swedish
1. Day. Arrival, Transport from Troms Airport, accommodation in a cosy apartments in Norvegian Farm on the Fjord coast line. Friendly family owns the Farm where you can meet sheeps, chickens, cows, friendly dog and cats. Evening meal.
2. Day. Breakfast. Hiking trip to Barheia, 6 km, 350 m from sea level, 3 hours hiking. After lunch hiking trip to Blåvatnet 8 km, 200 m above sea level, 4 hours easy hiking. Dinner.
3. Day. Breakfast, transport by car to Lyngstuva, easy hiking in sea views, 6 km, 100m above sea level. 5-6 hours trip, 4 hours hiking. Picnic lunch. In the evening visit to local museum close to the farm. Outdoor Barbeque dinner by the open fire at the Kota.
4. Day. Breakfast. Transport by car to Steindalen, hiking trip to Steindalsbreen glacier and back. Glacier nature and history, picnic lunch. Short walking trip on huge glacier area with crampons on. 12,5 km, 500 m above the sea level, 7-8 hours hiking. Dinner.
5. Day. Breakfast. Transport by car to Lyngseidet. Top tour to Roernestinden, 1041 m above the sea level. Picnic lunch on stunning views to the Storfjorden, Skibotndalen and mountain surroundings. 10 km distance in 6 hours. Dinner.
6. Day. Breakfast. Transport by car to Djupvik. Ferry over the fjord. Tour first to Dalberget from where is the wide and beautiful scenery to Lyngen Alps and to the sea. Picnic lunch. Last push on the rocky path goes to the highest top of our hiking week, to Storhaugen. Magnificent top of the holiday! 9 km, 1142 meters above the sea level, 8 hours hiking. Transport back to farm, celebration meal together!
7. Day. Breakfast and transport to Troms Airport.